You may be a fan of tuxedos, or formal looks, but you still need t-shirts in your closet. Talk of casual style for men, and no list is complete without t-shirts. There are endless designs, prints, colors, varieties, materials and themes to choose from. So, how do you buy new t-shirts for your closet.
We have enlisted a few golden rules that every man needs to follow.
- Choose the right brand. “Does the brand really matter?” – that’s often one of the common questions that men ask before shopping. When it comes to t-shirts, you have to think beyond style, and that’s where a good brand makes a big difference. Check for upcoming and budding brands, such as Jasper Holland Co, which have been transforming the genre of t-shirts with designs that stand out and use materials that are comfortable for every season.
- Be careful with the fabric. While varied materials are used for making tees, most T-shirt fabrics are 100% cotton, which basically is the reason why you feel so comfortable, even when you are wearing a tee for many hours at a stretch. However, T-shirt fabrics may include synthetic fibers too. Pricing depends largely on the material, and honestly, there is nothing better or comfy than cotton. When you are shopping online, do check for this detail.
- Buy online. There is a reason why e-shopping is the new trend. Many brands are having exclusive launches online, because they can do away with the retailing costs, and the pricing can be more lucrative to the end consumer. Make sure that you check online stores for new and trendy t-shirt designs. You can also find more variety, prints and colors to choose from. The only aspects, which we mentioned earlier, that needs attention are product details.
- Fit and size. When it comes to t-shirts, some men prefer to wear more baggy designs that don’t necessary fit their body, while others have a thing for the right fit. No matter what kind of style you prefer, the fit and size are aspects to consider. One thing that’s worth noting is the size chart, which may vary from one brand to another. Always check the details, and if you are buying online, take your measurements. Men often do not realize the kind of fit they need currently vis-à-vis what they have in the closet.
- Where do you plan to wear a t-shirt? While t-shirts are versatile, you need to have certain occasions in mind when you pick products. For instance, polo t-shirts are great for more semi-formal outings, while graphic or printed t-shirts can be teamed with blue denims for a casual date. We would recommend that you go for a mix of colors and styles, so that you have something to wear for every occasion.
- Color may be a matter of personal choice, but variety is the key. In terms of trends, all kinds of blues and greens are currently in vogue, and for the longest time, pantone and pastel shades have been ruling the runways. You need to have at least a few colors, so that you can find something new to wear for every single day of the week. You can also buy t-shirts based on the pants you own. For instance, any color works well on blue denims, or tan chinos.
- The neck. Some men love to wear V-neck t-shirts, while others are a fan of the round neck. This really comes down to what fits and works for your body, but it is usually hard to go wrong with round-neck designs. Most brands stock options like mandarin or polo collar too, so you can consider those, as well. Round-neck t-shirts are much easier to carry, especially if you are wearing one to work on a casual Friday.
Should you tuck in your t-shirt? Usually, no. The basic idea of wearing a t-shirt is to look and feel casual, so tucking-in is not a choice, unless it’s a formal occasion. However, note that the shape of your t-shirt, the overall occasion, and other components of the look may have a say in whether you can or should tuck in the tee. As for the brands and styles, go ahead and try to experiment with as many designs and colors as you can. You can never really get bored of t-shirts, considering the numerous ways in which these wardrobe essentials can be styled. If you have any doubt, always go for a brand that stands for quality and style alike.
Top Custom Tees offers small batch custom t-shirts for those seeking distinctive fashion statements. Design your own unique, limited edition t-shirts today.