For decades, research has shown that smoking is harmful to your wellbeing and that quitting is one of the most positive things you can do for your body. While vaping can remove some of the dangers of inhaling smoke, it comes with its own set of risks and health concerns.
However, the marketing focus has shifted away from smoking and toward vaping. Is vaping, however, healthy, and can it be a good substitute for smokers who want to be healthier while still engaging in the same mechanics as smoking? While much of the research is still being worked out, there are some aspects we do know that can help you make your decision. Let’s look at some benefits of vaping.
Benefits of Vaping:
- It is much more beneficial to your well-being.
- Vaping is a lot less expensive than smoking.
- E-cigarettes are a great way to help you stop smoking for good.
- Second-hand vapour is less harmful than second-hand smoke.
- There are a lot of flavours to choose from than cigarettes when it comes to vaping.
- It would be best if you used your vape in areas where smoking is prohibited.
- When you exhale from an e-cigarette, no harmful chemicals are released.
- Vaping is a habit that is easier to break over time.
Vaping VS Smoking:
When you smoke a cigarette, you’re using a direct flame to start a combustive reaction that produces smoke that you can inhale. Smoke from traditional tobacco cigarettes contains over 7,000 chemicals, many of which are potentially harmful. Inhaling these chemicals over time can result in a variety of health problems, including cancer.
Nicotine is one of the most dangerous components of cigarettes. Nicotine inhalation has a slew of possible health consequences, including an increased risk of addiction, higher blood pressure, and a faster heart rate. Smokers who have a heart attack are more likely to have one because nicotine is present in their bloodstream.
According to current evidence, using e-cigarettes is less risky, especially for people who have never smoked. Although vaping products can help some people quit smoking, they have not been approved by a trusted source as a smoking cessation tool. E-cigarettes can also discourage people from using tried-and-true methods to stop smoking.
Furthermore, while science suggests that e-liquids contain less toxic substances than traditional cigarettes, no one knows for sure how many poisonous materials e-liquids contain. It’s difficult to say if vaping is better than conventional smoking without further studies into e-liquid ingredients.